All matters concerning data protection are very important to us, which is why you will find the information regarding your personal data protection below.
WHAT DATA IS AUTOMATICALLY STORED BY OUR HOST?
The provider of the pages automatically collects and stores information in server log files that your browser automatically transmits to us. The access data includes:
- Name of the accessed website
- Date and time of access
- Transferred data volume
- Message about successful access
- Browser type and version, as well as the user’s operating system
- Referrer URL (the URL referring to our website, e.g., Google search)
- IP address and the requesting provider.
The provider uses the log data only for statistical evaluations for the purpose of operating, securing, and optimizing the offering. However, the provider reserves the right to subsequently check the log data if there are concrete indications of unlawful use.
HANDLING OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal data refers to information that can be used to identify a person, such as name, email address, or telephone number. It also includes data about preferences, hobbies, memberships, or web pages viewed by someone. Personal data is only collected, used, and disclosed by the provider if permitted by law or if users consent to the data collection.
PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have taken technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data against loss, destruction, manipulation, and unauthorized access. Our security measures are continuously improved and updated in line with technological developments.
When you use a service on our website, your personal data is transmitted to us. To prevent this data from falling into the wrong hands, we encrypt it using the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol. The SSL protocol is currently the most common and secure method of data transmission on the Internet.
FUNCTION OF THE SSL PROTOCOL
The SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol protects data that a customer sends to a company’s server over the Internet. SSL provides triple protection:
- Your input to be transmitted is encrypted.
- It is ensured that the form is only sent back to the server from which it was opened.
- It is checked whether the data reaches its respective recipient completely and unchanged.
SSL is always used when you see a small (usually green) lock either at the bottom left in the status bar of your browser or next to the URL in the upper part of the browser.
WHAT ARE NEWSLETTER DATA USED FOR?
If you would like to subscribe to the newsletter offered on the website, we require your email address and information that allows us to verify that you are the owner of the specified email address and agree to receive the newsletter. No further data is collected. We use this data exclusively for sending the requested information and do not disclose it to third parties.
You can revoke your consent to the storage of data, email address, and their use for sending the newsletter at any time.
INCLUSION OF THIRD-PARTY SERVICES AND CONTENT
It may happen that content from third parties, such as videos from YouTube, maps from Google Maps, RSS feeds, or graphics from other websites, is integrated within this online offering. This always requires the providers of this content (hereinafter referred to as “third-party providers”) to perceive the IP address of the users. Without the IP address, they would not be able to send the content to the respective user’s browser. The IP address is therefore necessary for displaying this content. We endeavor to only use content whose respective providers use the IP address solely for delivering the content. However, we have no influence on whether third-party providers store the IP address, e.g., for statistical purposes. As far as we are aware of this, we inform users about it.
USE OF FACEBOOK SOCIAL PLUGINS
HANDLING OF COOKIES AND STORAGE ON YOUR COMPUTER
To make your visit to the website attractive and enable the use of certain functions, this website uses so-called cookies on various pages. These are small text files that are stored on your device (e.g., mobile phone, tablet, PC). Some of the cookies used are deleted after the end of the browser session, i.e., after you close your browser (so-called session cookies). Other cookies remain on your device and enable us to recognize your browser on your next visit (persistent cookies, e.g., to store your login data if desired). You can configure your browser to inform you about the setting of cookies, allowing you to decide on a case-by-case basis whether to accept them or to exclude the acceptance of cookies in certain cases or generally. Please note that if you choose not to accept cookies, the functionality and user experience of the website may be limited. For more information, please visit:
USE OF GOOGLE ANALYTICS
On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, compile reports on website activity, and provide other services related to website activity and internet usage to the website operator. The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other data from Google.
You can prevent the storage of cookies by adjusting your browser software accordingly; however, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use all the features of this website to their full extent. You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) to Google and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de
USE OF WEB FONTS
PURPOSE-BOUND DATA USAGE
We adhere to the principle of purpose-bound data usage and only collect, process, and store your personal data for the purposes for which you have provided it to us. Your personal data will not be disclosed to third parties without your express consent unless it is necessary for providing the service or for contract fulfillment. The transmission to authorized state institutions and authorities will also only take place within the framework of legal disclosure obligations or if we are obliged to provide information by a court decision.
We also attach great importance to internal data protection. Our employees and the service providers commissioned by us are obligated to maintain confidentiality and comply with data protection regulations.
Data processing Zermatt Tourism and Bonfire AG
Your booking data is also processed as follow:
- Your booking data (e.g. title, first name, last name, nationality, language, e-mail address, mobile telephone number, postal address, number of persons, arrival date, departure date, number of nights of stay and any visitor’s tax exemption) are forwarded to Bonfire AG and Zermatt Tourism (either by us or via our electronic booking system).
- Your booking data is recorded in a central database by Bonfire AG and/or Zermatt Tourism. If accommodation providers take part in Zermatt Tourism e-mail marketing, the guest data is likewise stored with the third-party provider «Salesforce» and used as part of the business relationship between the accommodation provider and the guest.
- Your booking data is processed exclusively in Switzerland and the EU.
- Based on this, Zermatt Tourism settles the visitor’s tax owed and collects the corresponding amount from the service partners.
- Zermatt Tourism also reports information to the Federal Statistical Office.
- Bonfire AG and Zermatt Tourism grant the police access to the database with booking data so that the police can access relevant booking data for missing persons, for example.
- Zermatt Tourism uses the booking data to collect statistics (in particular regarding occupancy, length of stay, number of arrivals, etc.).
The legal basis for this data processing is the fulfilment of a legal obligation within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1 (c) GDPR (billing and collection of visitor’s tax/reporting to the Federal Statistical Office) and in the sense of Art. 6 para. 1 (f) GDPR (granting access to the police/collection of statistics).
Your booking data is only used for direct marketing purposes (e.g. newsletter distribution) if you have given us your consent for this.
RIGHT TO INFORMATION AND WITHDRAWAL
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS OR UNCERTAINTIES?